Oh Happy Day
Time for a Friday roundup – but first, how fucking fabulous is the wallpaper above? Yes- that is actual wallpaper from House of Hackney’s “Art Deco Menagerie” series, and I am lusting after it so badly for our entry way. (I can feel my husband’s nether regions receding into his body from here. Hear me out babe, I plead.)
But real talk, I’ve had it up on my desktop all day. It’s mesmerizing. AND ONE DAY SOON IT WILL BE MINE.
Other things I am loving so so much right now:
2) Chance the Rapper performing Blessings on Jimmy Fallon. Breathtaking. Must watch. This whole album is so gold.
3) Bonus: This drawing of “Chance the Raptor” that our bestie Tom sent me. Thanks brother.
4) Our new built in bookshelves and yuge ass OLED TV which are the two best things that ever happened to our apartment minus the humans in it, but just barely if we’re being honest. Here is a stock picture of the TV, for your pleasure.
5) Ava Duvernay’s The 13th on Netflix, which is the most astounding and enraging documentary I have seen in a long while. The NYTimes calls it “electrifying” and that’s honestly an understatement. Watch it.
6 & 7) On the opposite end of the spectrum, the new Dave Chappelle and Louis CK Netflix specials are so smart, so witty, and so utterly hilarious, they expose the true genius of these two gentlemen. Netflix is slaying it as per usual. SLAYING.
8) Have you checked out the new Vogue Arabia? I love how they are interpreting the Middle Eastern aesthetic. And aren’t we all tired of reading about former coked-out white girls marrying English lords and moving to the countryside? (Much more glamorous to marry a fat Emirati sheikh and dress in couture!)
Feast your eyes on this insane cover photo of Gigi Hadid. She is everything.
9) These shoes are the ultimate man repeller and for that reason I love them. Mules are back in y’all!
Rococo inspired mules. You know you like them.
10) And finally, the following organizations that have tirelessly provided support throughout the brutal, senseless, and endless onslaught on the Syrian people. Please click on the links below to donate to these exceptional causes, and start the weekend off knowing that regardless of your side in this latest argument (and for what it’s worth, this Syrian liberal sides with Trump), you will be supporting a people that so desperately need medical relief.
With hopes that you all have a wonderful weekend full of lively adventures with great friends, long mornings spent poring over newspapers, good coffee and delicious meals, long walks and plenty of laughs. Thank you so much for your kindness after my last post. I truly love you all.